Fort McMurray Office | Posted Dec 7, 2016
LN LAND DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGIES INC. – Fort McMurray, AB
LN Land Development Technologies Inc. (LN) is a customer oriented provider of Surveying, Design, and Mapping services operating from offices in Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Red Deer and Vancouver. From our initial conception in Fort McMurray servicing oil sands companies with their mining and earthwork needs, we have expanded our services and grown our client base to be a multi-disciplined survey company.
We currently have opportunities for Jr. Survey Crew Chiefs to work out of our Fort McMurray office. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who takes pride in his/her work. The applicant must be physically fit and be able to work outside for extended periods of time. Local personnel will take priority for this position.
- Geomatics diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Geomatics Field (Minimum of 1-2 Years)
- Physically Fit and able to work in remote areas
- Strong work ethic, reliable
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven ability to learn, take directions and accept coaching
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Working with, and taking direction from the Project Managers & Senior Survey Chiefs, the successful candidate will assume the following responsibilities;
- Conduct a wide variety of surveying and non-surveying related tasks
- Record, maintain and manage survey field notes and records in accordance with corporate standard operating procedures.
- Commit to actively participate corporate and client HSE programs
- Commit to actively participate corporate policies
- Prepare corporate documentation including survey data, project work records and safety documents as in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Communicate effectively with the Clients & Project Managers at all times
- Work independently and with minimal supervision as required
- Be open to accepting training and coaching from Management and Senior Staff
- Develop and maintain strong client and colleague/corporate relations
- Maintain an accurate inventory record of all equipment and materials assigned
- Maintain and care for corporate vehicles as assigned, including but not limited to maintaining survey supplies and keeping the truck clean and serviceable.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License, w/ clean abstract for a period of not less than 5 years
- First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Underground/Line Locating
LN offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package. LN also offers a very competitive RRSP matching program
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Required education: Diploma/Certificate