Fort McMurray Office | Posted Apr 22, 2021
Intermediate Field Surveyor
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US!
LN is not your typical Survey Company. We are an all-in-one technical solution provider with diverse qualifications, expertise, experience, and in-depth knowledge of the survey industry’s most advanced practices, equipment and technology providing services across the Western Provinces. Although LN is known for our advanced technical solutions and deliverables, we are just as passionate about our people as we are about our technology. Our peoples safety and well-being matter to us, and it shows in LN’s industry leading safety record, something we are incredibly proud of.
WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOU!
Are you looking to develop your career in the survey industry further? Are you interested in working on construction survey projects of all kinds, sizes and complexity, utilizing your skills and experience performing field survey work with accuracy and precision, providing technical expertise, and supervising crew members? Are you committed to keeping the safety and well-being of everyone at the top of your priority list? Are you looking for a job that has real career progression opportunities?
Then LN has the opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, and working alongside some of the best surveyors in the business, our Intermediate Field Surveyors are self-starters who take pride in their work, are seeking to grow and expand their careers in the Survey Industry, want to continually learn through practical on the job experience as well as gain opportunities through theoretical knowledge from the classroom, are physically fit, and enjoy working outdoors for extended periods of time regardless of the weather!
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in construction surveying (Municipal/Legal Survey experience preferred)
- 1+ years’ experience in line/facility locating in the Oil & Gas, Mining and/or Industrial industries an asset
- Geomatics Technician diploma or equivalent is an asset
- Utility Advanced Line Locating Certification (PAL, CAPULC, or equivalent) is an asset
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License (with a clean 5-year abstract)
- Ability to read and understand maps and drawings
- Knowledge and experience working with Trimble GPS and Total Station Equipment
- Experience operating a variety of underground locating equipment (EM/RF Locators) an asset
- CSTS, OSSA/BSO, First Aid and H2S Alive Safety Certification
- Underground/Line Locating Certification and/or Advanced UAV Pilot Certification is an asset
- Ground Disturbance Training
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy and care
- Experience supervising crew members an asset
- Strong work ethic and proven reliability
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Desire to learn, take direction and accept coaching feedback
- Actively participate in corporate HSE Program and Client HSE Programs ensuring requirements are understood and met
- Lead by example, ensuring all corporate safety program elements are implemented
- Prepare documentation of survey activities including Survey Field Notes
- Provide supervision and leadership of survey crew
- Actively manage and develop strong client relationships
- Complete all required Safety Paperwork
- Carry out various types of survey work accurately and efficiently
- Maintain good communication between field and Project Manager
- Actively participate in the Quality Program, seeking continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Maintain and secure field equipment and vehicles safely and in good working order
This role is full-time and permanent and located in Fort McMurray, Alberta. LN’s roots are in the RMWB, this is where we live, work, and play. LN offers support for candidates who want to relocate to this beautiful area of Northern Alberta.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada and be physically fit for outdoor work.