Fort McMurray Office | Posted Dec 7, 2016
Survey Assistants – Fort McMurray
LN Land Development Technologies – Fort McMurray, AB
LN Land Development Technologies Inc. (LN) is a customer oriented provider of Surveying, Design, and Mapping services operating from offices in Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Red Deer and Vancouver. From our initial conception in Fort McMurray servicing oil sands companies with their mining and earthwork needs, we have expanded our services and grown our client base to be a multi-disciplined survey company.
As this growth continues, we are currently looking to recruit survey assistants for immediate opportunities operating out of our Fort McMurray office.
Thanks in advance to all applicants for your interest in joining our team.
- Post-secondary education, technical diploma preferred.
- Knowledge of basic survey methods, procedures
- Knowledge with Pipeline Integrity Projects & Locating is an asset.
- A minimum of two years experience in the oil & Gas survey industry
- Physically able to work away and in remote areas
- Strong work ethic, reliable
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven ability to learn, take directions and accept coaching
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Working with, and taking direction from the Surveyor/Party Chief, the successful candidate will assume the following responsibilities;
- Assist in conducting a wide variety of surveying and non-surveying related tasks
- Learn to record, maintain and manage survey field notes and records in accordance with corporate standard operating procedures.
- Commit to actively participate and support the following;
- corporate and client HSE programs
- corporate policies
- Prepare corporate documentation including survey data, project work records and safety documents as directed by the Party Chief in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Communicate effectively with the Surveyor/Party Chief at all times
- Work independently and with minimal supervision as required
- Be open to accepting training and coaching from senior staff
- Develop and maintain strong client and colleague/corporate relations
- Maintain an accurate inventory record of all equipment and materials assigned
- Maintain and care for corporate vehicles as assigned, including but not limited to maintaining survey supplies and keeping the truck clean and serviceable.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License, w/ clean abstract for a period of not less than 5 years
- First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Underground/Line Locating
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 /hour
Job Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Required education: Diploma/Certificate
– Locating: 1 year
– Surveying: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s Licence