Edmonton Office | Posted May 18, 2021
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US!
LN is not your typical Survey Company. We are technology junkies with diverse qualifications, expertise, experience, and in-depth knowledge of the survey industry’s most advanced practices, equipment and technology providing all-in-one solutions across the Western Provinces. We are just as passionate about our people as we are about our technology. Our people’s safety and well-being matter to us, and it shows in LN’s industry leading safety record, something we are incredibly proud of.
WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOU!
Are you looking to develop a career in the survey industry? Are you interested in working full-time assisting experienced Field Surveyors with equipment set ups, measurements, configuring survey instruments, and learning on the job all aspects of Construction Survey? Are you committed to keeping the safety and well-being of everyone at the top of your priority list? Are you looking for a job that has real career progression opportunities? Do you hate being tied to a desk and long to be outdoors all day?
Then LN has the opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, and working alongside some of the best field surveyors in the business, our Survey Assistants are self-starters who take pride in their work, are seeking to grow a career in the Survey Industry, want to learn through practical on the job experience as well as theoretical knowledge from the classroom, are physically fit, and enjoy working outdoors for extended periods of time regardless of the weather!
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working as a survey assistant an asset
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License (with a clean 5-year abstract)
- Experience with and knowledge of Trimble GPS and Total Station equipment an asset
- Ability to work on a varied work schedule
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy and care
- Strong work ethic and proven reliability
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven ability to learn, take direction and accept coaching feedback
- Physically fit and able to work outdoors for extended periods
- Actively participate in corporate HSE Program and Client HSE Programs ensuring requirements are understood and met
- Maintain awareness of safety requirements and conduct all work safely
- Conduct a wide variety of surveying and non-surveying related tasks under direct supervision
- Assist in Recording, maintaining, and managing survey field notes and records in accordance with corporate standard operating procedures
- Be open to accepting training and coaching from Management and Senior Staff
- Maintain, secure, and care for equipment, tools, and vehicles
This role is full-time and permanent and located in Edmonton, Alberta.