Edmonton Office | Posted Mar 30, 2021
Indigenous Liaison Coordinator
Reporting to the President, the Indigenous Liaison Coordinator is responsible for supporting the planning, management, and implementation of priority projects and initiatives that relate to First Nations. In addition, this position is responsible for establishing and maintaining high standards of engagement, communication, and constructive relationship with First Nations, as they relate to LN’s services, projects, and initiatives. This role will also help facilitate and coordinate engagement strategies and will act as a key contact for First Nations engagement during various phases of projects and initiative implementation. This role will also develop, manage, and facilitate training regarding First Nations cultural awareness within the organization.
- Understand and implement engagement strategy and approach.
- Maintain a high level of coordinated and documented communication with First Nations in the form of conversations, correspondence records, reporting, progress tracking and follow-ups.
- Lead and coordinate engagement planning, communication, project management through all phases and initiatives related to the First Nations.
- Maintain policies, processes, standards, and templates for First Nations engagement.
- Lead the coordination, facilitation and tracking for training on First Nations processes and engagement approaches.
- Act as a liaison when required on matters related to First Nations engagement, and environmental issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Cultural awareness of Indigenous culture and history
- Ability to represent LN while also understanding and being sensitive to First Nations interests
- Ability to reconcile differing perspec5is, develop consensus and secure cooperation and support both internally and with external stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent organizational, project management, facilitation, and public engagement skills.
- Working knowledge of policies, guidelines and regulations in BC and AB
- Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with a wide spectrum of internal and eternal stakeholder groups and partners both in the course of day-to-day business and in exceptional situations that maybe be complex and time sensitive.
- Can prioritize work assignments and manage time effectively, juggling multiple tasks and requests simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic and proven reliability.